Dear Gisler Community,
Thanks to your generosity and a wonderful group of young, supportive teachers, Gisler has developed a great library environment. The focus has always been to encourage reading and knowledge of library resources.
We all have busy lives and nobody can be 2 places at once. If you can volunteer time in the library, I am always looking for helpers. If not, please read with your children with any extra time you do have.
Read to them above their reading level sometimes. It will pay off, I promise!
- Transitional Kinders (TK) and Kindergartners (K) may check out 1 book/week.
- 1st to 5th grades may check out 2 books/week. Teachers dictate the number of Leveled Readers included in the total.
- Every class attends library once per week.
- Your student’s books are due on the morning of their class visit before 10 am. Renewals can be made, with book in hand,during class visits. Students with outstanding books (over one week old), cannot check out new books.
- Lost or damaged books must be replaced or paid for. I prefer books over money!
- Most of the damage comes from leaky water bottles in backpacks. Ask your student to keep water bottles in pockets on the outside of their backpack. Other damage comes from young siblings and pets. Encourage responsibility please.
Gisler Library Media Technician