Dear Gisler Community,
Thanks to your generosity and a wonderful group of supportive teachers, Gisler has developed a great library environment. The focus has always been to encourage reading and knowledge of library resources.
Read to your students and encourage them to read every day!
- Transitional Kinder's (TK) and Kindergartners (K) may check out 1 book/week.
- 1st to 5th grades may check out 2 books/week. Teachers dictate the number of Leveled Readers included in the total.
- Every class attends library once per week.
- Your student’s books are due on the morning of their class visit before 10 am. Renewals can be made, with book in hand, during class visits. Students with outstanding books (over one week old), cannot check out new books.
- Lost or damaged books must be replaced or paid for. I prefer books over money!
- Most of the damage comes from leaky water bottles in backpacks. Ask your student to keep water bottles in pockets on the outside of their backpack. Other damage comes from young siblings and pets. Encourage responsibility please.
Gisler Library Media Technician