NEW Student Enrollment
Welcome to Gisler Elementary School and the Fountain Valley School District. We are excited to be a part of your child's educational journey. All school staff are dedicated to providing students with a high-quality learning experience that supports both the academic and social-emotional needs of students.
TK ONLY: Please click here https://forms.gle/MqJNDhkK2uS1vmwq6 to answer the TK Questionnaire (required) which will place your TK Age Eligible student on the Interest List with the District Office. Notification will then be given by the first week of May of acceptance, which school site your child will be assigned, and the next steps for enrollment. TK Students must turn 5 between September 2, 2022, and February 2, 2023.
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 22/23 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW LIVE.
This enrollment webpage is designed to support families in enrolling student(s) that will be new to Fountain Valley School District. Online enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year is now open.
The following are important guidelines for enrolling your child:
- To enroll in Kindergarten, your child must turn five years old by 9/1/22
- If you have questions regarding the appropriate grade level for your child, please reference this Grade Placement Chart (students must be enrolled in the appropriate grade for their age)
- If you have questions about which school is your home school, please reference this map of FVSD Boundaries.
- If you have questions regarding immunizations required to enroll in school, please reference the Parents Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry
- Please ensure that you select the correct school in which to enroll your child
- If your student is currently enrolled in FVSD's Transitional Kindergarten or Early-Entry Kindergarten
- Please email [email protected] with the subject line "Current TK-EEK Students Enrollment"
- Include the following information:
- Student Last Name
- Student First Name
- TK or EEK
- Current School Site
- Gisler Staff will reach out to you to assist with the enrollment process
- If your student is currently enrolled in FVSD CDC or State Pre-school, please follow the enrollment process for students enrolling in FVSD for the first time.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT PROCESS
FVSD has a clear, 4-step process for enrolling students in the district. Please complete each of the following steps:
- Please complete the Aeries Online Enrollment Confirmation
- Once completed, please PRINT the confirmation document (do not print double-sided)
- Aeries does not work well on mobile devices, so use a computer, laptop, or Chromebook
- If you have any questions, please contact us via email at [email protected] or by phone at 714-378-4211
- Complete the New Student Online Enrollment document
- This is a 10-page "fillable" PDF document
- Please SAVE and PRINT forms (do not print double-sided)
- Complete the Kindergarten Health Assessment Form (Parent completes and signs) this is part of the Enrollment Documents in Step 2.
- Oral Health Assessment Form (California Law requires all students to have a dental examination by May 31st of their first year in public school.) This includes TK.
- This form is filled out by a dentist. This form is part of the Enrollment Documents in Step 2.
- Report of Health Examination for School Entry (required prior to 1st grade, or within the first 90 days of 1st grade by California Law). This form is part of the Enrollment Documents in Step 2.
- If applicable, health aides from the school will contact you
California law requires all students to have a dental & health examination by May 31st of their first year in public school.
- Provide scanned electronic copies or bring originals (office can copy) of the following required documents:
- Two (2) Proof of Residence documents (Click here for a list of accepted documents)
- Student's immunization record (Must have all to start school per California Law)
- Documentation of Student's Age (Click here for a list of accepted documents)
- Parent Photo ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- Copy of most recent State Testing Results (SBAC) if applicable
- Verification of GATE status (if applicable)
- Most recent report card
- Any special program documentation - Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan (if applicable)
- We are now accepting new student enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year. After completing the enrollment forms (Step 1 & Step 2), and gathering the required documents (Step 3), please bring all items into the office, drop them off in our Document Dropbox, or email to the Gisler Office at [email protected]
- If utilizing the Document Dropbox on the school's campus, please do not drop documents off after business hours on Fridays or weekends (so they are retrieved timely). Also, please DO NOT Drop documents while the school office is closed from June 27 through August 25.
- If dropping off items to the school office, our hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (It is recommended to avoid drop-off, pick-up and less than 30 minutes before the office closes as our parking lots get very busy with traffic at that time).
If you have any additional questions regarding enrollment, please contact the Gisler Office at [email protected] or via phone at 714-378-4211.
NOTIFICATION OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION USES
The information provided to Fountain Valley School District (FVSD), and Gisler Elementary School, during the enrollment process will be used to determine that the student resides within the FVSD attendance boundaries, the school within those attendance boundaries to which the student will be assigned, and to identify unique educational programming services to which the student may be entitled. Information collected will be used for no other purpose, such as restricting or denying enrollment or treating a student differently in determining whether he or she satisfies any admission or enrollment criteria.
The online registration system is translated into Vietnamese, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, and Armenian. In the event your family needs assistance completing the enrollment process for any reason, please contact the Educational Services Department of Fountain Valley School District via phone at (714) 843-3200 or via email at [email protected]